Texas Guide Fishing aims to answer all of your questions before your next successful fishing trip. If these frequently asked questions don’t answer everything – PLEASE feel free to call or email me. I’ll be more than happy to help you with any and all of your questions.
- 1 Do I need fishing experience?
- 2 Do I need a fishing license?
- 3 What Should I Bring?
- 4 Do I need to bring my own fishing gear?
- 5 What if the weather is supposed to be bad?
- 6 Does TEXAS Guide Fishing Guarantee that we will catch fish?
- 7 Should I bring my own camera?
- 8 Do you clean the fish?
- 9 Do you require a deposit?
Do I need fishing experience?
- Not at all. Texas Guide Fishing specializes in finding out my clients skill level and making sure that you have an enjoyable day on the water.
Do I need a fishing license?
- Yes you do. All people over the age of 16 are required to have a fishing license in their possession. If you need a fishing license Wal-Mart and pretty much all sporting good stores will be able to sell you one. Also, you can call Texas Parks and Wildlife to obtain your license by calling 800.895.4248 (Mon-Fri, 9am – 6pm) or you can order online at www.tpwd.state.tx.us.
What Should I Bring?
- Drinks, Snacks, and an Ice Chest – Bring whatever food, drinks or snacks you would like to have during your fishing trip. (Adult beverages are allowed – Please no glass)
- Bring an ice chest to take all your fish home in.
- Appropriate Clothing
- For Summer, Early Fall and Late Spring Fishing Trips – Dress to stay cool. Wear a Hat, loose-fitting cool clothing and protect yourself from the Sun.
- For Fall, Winter and early Spring Fishing Trips – Dress for it to be colder than you think it might be, it’s always colder on the water (you can always take off coats, wind shirts, etc…, but you can’t put them on if you don’t have them). Dress in layers.
- Rain Gear – Dallas Guide Fishing has Rain Gear if we should get caught in a shower, but if the forecast happens to call for a chance of rain, please bring your own rain gear (you will probably like yours better).
- Sunscreen – We all know to much sun is bad for us. So please protect yourself.
- Life Jackets – Texas Law requires that all children under the age of 13 must wear a life jacket while the boat is moving. Dallas Guide Fishing has all the required Life Jackets on board we will need including the ones for the kids. But if you already have life jackets for the kids that fit just perfect, bring them.
Do I need to bring my own fishing gear?
- No you don’t. I have plenty (all types of rod and reels, just what we need for the fishing we will do). But if you want to bring your equipment, please do. I want you to totally enjoy your fishing trip.
What if the weather is supposed to be bad?
- All customers will give me a call the day before between 2-6pm and this gives us a chance to discuss the weather. For inclement weather, we will move your deposit to another date.
Does TEXAS Guide Fishing Guarantee that we will catch fish?
- Yes! Texas Guide Fishing guarantees that we will catch fish – or your trip is free.
Should I bring my own camera?
- Yes, please do. Texas Guide Fishing will take photos of you and your catch and email them to you after the conclusion of the trip. But, most of my customers bring their own cameras and take some great photos.
Do you clean the fish?
- Yes, I do. All fish are cleaned and bagged and I pack your ice chest.
Do you require a deposit?
- Yes, Texas Guide Fishing requires a $100.00 deposit for all fishing trips. Deposit is refundable if you cancel no less than one week before our fishing trip.